Grenada Sailing Festivals …
- School’s on break,
- Wind is strong,
- Sun is brilliant,
- Hundreds of kites dot the blue sky
Perfect atmosphere for Grenada Sailing, both for spectators and would be sailors.
From my verandah ( patio) I can see dozens of yachts emerging from the inner harbor … another Grenada Sailing event is on underway …
Sailing is fantastic in Grenada and neighboring islands. You can head south towards Tobago and on to the Dutch Antilles (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao), or you can head up North through the gorgeous Grenadines. Or just Grenada Sailing itself around the island has much to offer.
Regattas (yacht races) in these parts are looked forward to with much anticipation. All are welcome to participate … from rookie sailor to season sailor … if you don’t own a yacht then charter one …
And as if the sailing wasn’t exhilarating enough, be prepared to have a blast at the after parties. There’s endless food, drink and entertainment.
There are about five major Regattas in Grenada and nearby Tobago and Carriacou.
- La Source Grenada Sailing Festival – Late January
- Grenada Round-the-Island Easter Regatta – Easter Weekend
- Angostura Tobago Sail Week – May in Tobago
- Grenada Yacht Club Summer Regatta – July
- Carriacou Regatta Festival – Late July – early August is a perfect primer for the Grenada carnival festivities
If your vacation happens to coincide with any of these Grenada sailing events, they are sure to add another dimension to your fun.
Oh, speaking of Tobago, that gem of an island south east of Grenada, check out these sailing tips from our friends at myTobago. Tobago and Grenada, it’s hard to love one and not the other … they are so alike.
Your own Charter …
If you prefer to be sailing, instead of watching, then you can charter a yacht and enjoy private sailing to the destination of your choice. Popular choices are around Grenada or up the Grenadines.
Here are two charter companies that you can contact for more details. These suggestions are provided as a starting point for you to investigate further. If you do use any one, please tell me about your experience so I can post it for others benefit.
- First Impressions – Tel.:(473) 440-3678 Cell.: 407-1147 – email: email@example.com
- Horizon Yacht Charters – Toll Free: 866 463 7245 Tel: (473) 439 1000 email: firstname.lastname@example.org